What is EU PiG
EU PiG is a network of 19 partner organisations from 13-member states, a project running for four years started in 2017, funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme. EU PiG aims to raise the competitiveness of the European pig industry by connecting producers and sharing tried and tested best practice and innovations. EU PiG is administered on behalf of the partner organisation by the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) in the United Kingdom.
What legal basis do we rely on
- Consent - In specific situations, we may collect and process your personal data with your consent, e.g. if you sign up to receive the EU PiG newsletter or you enter the Grand Prix.
- Legal compliance - If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
When we collect your personal data
We may collect your data, verbally or electronically, when you:
- Visit the EU PiG website.
- Contact us by any means with queries, information etc.
- Book any kind of appointment with us (e.g. meeting) or book to attend an event (e.g. workshop, webinar, information days, seminars, conferences etc.).
- Fill in any forms e.g. at our events.
- Give a third-party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, and company / organisation name.
- Contact information, including address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Enquiry details.
- Company/Best Practice details.
- Correspondence e.g. emails, letters.
- Website Cookies and Technical Information.
To whom your information is disclosed
Data provided may be shared with and processed by the EU PiG project partners and the project funders; the European Commission. We use a third-party platform, Mailchimp, to compile and send out the EU PiG newsletter and your name, email address and organisation’s name will be stored by Mailchimp in compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How and why we use your personal data
The data you provide will be available and used by EU PiG:
- To fulfil our services and improve our services/website.
- Maintain internal records, including those required by law.
We will keep the data for 2 years after the EU PiG Grand Prix has ended.
You have the right to:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you
- Correct your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Restrict our processing of your data
- Withdraw consent you have given us to use your data. A withdrawal of consent does not affect the
lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you, or wish to correct, restrict processing or withdraw consent please contact us at [email protected].
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, EU PiG shall process and store all personal information you submit to us in accordance with applicable law, and in particular, shall ensure it has appropriate security measures in place to guard against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide, and shall keep your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal requirements.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Links to other websites do not constitute any endorsement by EU PiG of the information or products presented on that website.
Like most websites, our server gathers limited information about you during a session, including the IP address and domain name from which you are accessing the server and your browser configuration. This information is only used to help us improve the content, design and performance of the site, and is not linked to the identity of any individual user.
In no circumstances do we collect any data that is not directly related to the use of the website (for example, we do not record other sites that you have visited). The log files or any information they contain about your use of the site will not be made available to any third parties other than as anonymous usage statistics.